Monday, February 4, 2013

Grapes! Sweet & Sour, Fresh, and Frozen

I bought myself a bag of seedless green grapes from the farmers market yesterday. In search of something to use them for (other than just eating fresh of course), I came across some interesting and enticing ideas:

Frozen Grapes- Not as creative as what I've got next, but a delicious summertime snack none the less.

Sour Patch Grapes - I got this one from Sweet Treats & More, and I cannot wait to go out and get myself some jello mix. It is the healthy version of the not so healthy candies I cannot stop eating - perfect! Basically, the grapes are rinsed, and coated in Lime Jello (I'd like to try mixing some jello flavours around and seeing how it tastes with lemon mixed with raspberry), Fling 'em in the fridge for an hour or two, and voila - Sour Patch Grapes!


Grape Salad - I got this recipe from Add A Pinch, this isn't just your plain old fruit salad-sans-other-fruit,  it has it's own special dressing that just sounds delightful. You could make this with no-fat / low-fat cream cheese & sour cream, and feel even better about getting your servings of fruit for the day!

I threw some grapes in the freezer last night, and have been snacking on them all day today! I currently don't have any of the ingredients needed for these recipes, but you can be sure they'll be on my grocery list!

If you try out either of these recipes let me know how they turned out for you; and as always, please feel free to share your recipes with me so I don't starve!


No comments:

Post a Comment