Monday, January 28, 2013

I Love Food!

I love food, and I love to get creative in the kitchen. This is exactly why my boyfriend does most of the cooking! Let me explain...

I took cooking in high school, and got decent grades, made good food, and learned some helpful techniques. But when it came down to cooking for myself 5 years later, I seem to have lost my flare in the kitchen- that is, if I really truly had a flare to begin with...
In the past two years, I have thrown out countless dishes, over salted, over spiced, and I mean SERIOUSLY over spiced, some dishes... One in particular being dubbed the Pork from Hell, when I decided to make my own ground chili in replacement of chili flakes, and somehow quadrupled the measurement, nearly killing our taste buds for life. TIP: When a recipe calls for a teaspoon of chili flakes, don't grind up a handful of dried chilies and call it a day!
On the other hand, I have also made some decent dishes, that have made it past the trash can and actually onto the table. I can make a mean Pulled Pork Sandwich, but unfortunately, I can't feed everybody pulled pork every single day. This is one of few meals that I actually followed a complete recipe for, start to finish... Ere goes, my plan that will hopefully change everybody's mind when it comes down to who's house to go for dinner...

I plan on following a recipe for every meal I make!... I mean actually using it - not just as general guideline. Sounds simple enough, I know, but if you knew me well, you'd know that I can tend to let my creative side get the best of me (and my food). So, wish me luck, and please feel free to share your favorite recipes with me so I don't starve!

No comments:

Post a Comment