On the menu:
One Pot Broccoli & Parmesan Pasta
- Add broccoli florets to the boiling pasta when there is 6 minutes left on the timer
- Drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander and set aside
- Return the pot to the stove & turn heat to medium low
- Put a tablespoon of oil in the pot
- Once the oil is hot, toss in 3 chopped up cloves of garlic and cook until golden in color
- Return the pasta and broccoli to the pot, and add 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan
- Stir, and enjoy!
The cheese and garlic makes this a great recipe for those of you trying to feed greens to veggie haters!
Just a heads up - when I made this tonight, I put the cheese in the pot before I put the pasta back in... Don't do that! You're shredded cheese will turn into one giant cheesy glob (which could be great on a cracker, but not so much with the pasta).
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Please feel free to share your recipes with me so I don't starve!